The first ideations were focused on the form and combination of using this product both in Kenya and Berlin.
- Curvy shape that indicates and abstract form of mealworms.
- Three separate drawers for adults, larva and pupa.
- There should be a mosquito screen to separate larva’s eggs from the adults.
- Industrial design to attract people.
However, my design had to change after the consultation with Susanne and Virginie. Their main critiques were:
- Keep the shape simple (straight lines and shapes).
- No industrial design
- Look at the resources and then look at the design.
- Present the advantages.
So, after the consultation, I came up with a new design.
This new shape is rectangular and straight lines with available hinges. It also included weaving technique at the top drawer instead of a mosquito screen to separate the eggs. I kept the design very simple and easy for Kenyans and Berliners to use.